Collaborate with Schools, Corporations, and other Non-Profits to:
- Increase education, awareness about chimpanzee behavior, environment and conservation status
- Nurture young people’s interest and commitment to philanthropic work
- Build social networks across organizations to increase the sustainability of organizations providing for the care and conservation of chimpanzees
Raise funds for projects supporting the:
- Long-term health and welfare of captive chimps
- Emergency situations of chimpanzees and the people caring for them
- Conservation of chimpanzees in the wild and their natural habitat
- Community development projects that increase food and income security for people living near populations of wild chimps and/or areas where known human-wildlife conflict has occurred in the past.
COTF has helped to fund several community development projects to improve the health and well-being of poor Africans and to provide educational scholarships.